LOCATION: Hampshire, Wiltshire, Surrey, Greater London, Northampton, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle, Darlington, Sheffield, West Yorkshire, Liverpool, Chester, Bolton, Warwickshire, Cambridgeshire, Derby, Leicester, Coventry, Nottingham.
SALARY: £25,000 - £28,000
START DATE: ASAP
Due to continued growth and developing partnerships we are recruiting various full and part time Tutor roles across the UK for out forthcoming Academic year. Locations include: Hampshire, Wiltshire, Surrey, Greater London, Northampton, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle, Darlington, Sheffield, West Yorkshire, Liverpool, Chester, Bolton, Warwickshire, Cambrigeshire, Derby, Leicester, Coventry, Nottingham.
Suitable candidates would be required to attend an assessment day on 9th May 2018.
Founded in 1999, SCL Education Group is one of the UK’s largest providers of education and skills training within the sports and leisure sector. Our delivery ranges from inspirational sports education and holiday clubs for school children, to providing further education to young people in our sporting academies and Foundation Degree courses for higher education students.
SCL is a highly entrepreneurial business, where the two Founders have a very clear ambition and vision to “Positively impact the future prospects of one million children and young people”.
MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for ensuring delivery of qualifications and educational programmes, developing loyalty from existing customers by delivering excellence in everything. As part of this role the FE Sports Lecturer will be involved in working with learners on a group or on a one-to-one basis, delivering all aspects of the qualifications in a variety of subjects and levels.
KEY RESPONSBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Identify and progress new topic areas, courses and teaching materials whilst maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge.
• Lead, inspire and support learners with different abilities.
• Mark work, giving appropriate feedback and maintain records of learners progress and development.
• Manage and monitor all learner evidence in line with company and awarding body requirements.
• Devise and oversee examinations, ensure regular contact with the Quality Trainer (IV) to ensure quality standards are met.
• Ensure all learners are progress through their qualification adhering to schemes of work.
• Maintain regular communication with Key Stakeholders on learner progress.
• Carry out a pastoral role as a personal tutor to learners
• Identify and plan additional support for learners as necessary.
• Act as a Company representative at parents' evenings, taster days, open days and careers or education conventions.
• Interview potential learners and conduct assessments as necessary.
• Manage learner behavior and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of unacceptable behavior;
• Establish work experience and carry out learner assessments in the workplace, as appropriate.
• Participate in regular teaching observations and in-service training as part of continuing professional development (CPD).
• Attend team meetings to monitor, review and evaluate relevant courses.
• Understand fully the national standards for each qualification.
• Act as the Company’s representative at club trials.
• Manage and support all learner recruitment with the Sales department.
• Maintain learner retention targets.
• Promote and market SCL services within client settings.
• Actively promote further opportunities for course participation.
• Maintain knowledge regarding Education and Training stakeholders’ policies and procedures.
• Provide timely feedback to Key Stakeholders on a regular basis
• Meet all course and general administration requirements such as but not limited to:
• Management and reporting of student attendance
• Update qualification Tracker Sheet
• Management and reporting of student behaviour
• Learner reports in line with customer or SCL requirements
• Ensure all Health & Safety checks are completed
• General course administration
VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
• A commitment to SCL values.
• Target driven, with excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
• Ability to maintain a focus on delivery expectations.
• Approachable and flexible.
• Team Player with the ability to work with employees at all levels.
• Ability to work autonomously.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Passionate about the business and staff that enthuses everyone.
• Work ethic and desire to create something that is scalable.
• Motivates and inspires to deliver the highest performance and results
• A “can do” approach to our work and clients
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A recognised secondary or post 16 teaching qualification, e.g. PGCE, DTTLS
• A1 Award
• First Aid
• V1 Award
• You are enthusiastic
• You will always go the extra mile
• You have a “make it happen” attitude
• You deliver on your promises
• You are a positive role model
• You always place the learner at the heart of everything you do
• You realise by working as team we are stronger together
WHAT SCL OFFERS?
• Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
• An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
• Outstanding internal promotion prospects
• Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
• Highly achievable Bonus Schemes (where applicable)
• Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
• Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
• Childcare vouchers - Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers