Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to be part of an exceptional team working for a unique and inspiring purpose? Do you want to help create a legacy in the communities that we work in?
Working for a highly entrepreneurial business, where the two Founders have a very clear ambition and vision to “Positively impact the future prospects of one million children and young people”. SCL Education Group is one of the UK’s largest providers of education and skills training within the sports and leisure sector. Our delivery ranges from inspirational sports education and holiday clubs for school children, to providing further education to young people in our sporting academies and Foundation Degree courses for higher education students. We are an enthusiastic and motivated team who love coming to work knowing that we are helping to make a positive impact on children and young peoples’ lives.
We are now entering into the next exciting phase of our journey and are looking for an outstanding Systems Administrator to join our team and help us achieve our vision.
This is a great opportunity for a System Administrator to join SCL at a time of rapid growth and expansion. As the System Administrator, you will be at the forefront of all the systems innovation in SCL, ensuring all systems and development supports the business needs.
You will be the first line of contact providing first line technical support on all internal systems, ensuring the effective operation and maintenance of systems software. You will work closely with the Head of Continuous Improvement and 3rd party suppliers, to ensure that the systems are reviewed on a regular basis, ensuring efficient operations and processes.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DAY TO DAY DUTIES
- Provide first line technical support for all system errors and issues raised by staff, taking ownership and escalating to the relevant departments and third party providers when required.
- To act as the System Administrator and be responsible for system health checks.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead on the implementation and product testing of new system releases and functionality, working closing with all departments.
- To develop and deliver training on all Company systems, including the development of a User Guide for both internal and external users.
- Provide support and guidance on all Company systems.
- Create any new requirements on the Partner Portal / Extranet using Live Tiles and Sharepoint.
- Assist in the system design specification of the Company’s intranet.
- Assist in the creation of process improvements, incorporating workflow.
- Assist with the processing and set-up of company equipment.
- Undertake any other role that may fall under the System Administrator’s role, including but not limited to infrastructure issues.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Hold a HND or equivalent in an IT related subject
- Hold a professional IT qualification such as MCSA, MCSE or MCITP
- Good knowledge of IT processes and systems
- Working knowledge of Office 365 and particularly SharePoint
- Understanding of how systems support business
- Implementing system changes to support the business and the ability to solve reporting and system issues
ARE YOU AN SCL PERSON?
- You are enthusiastic
- You will always go the extra mile
- You have a “make it happen” attitude
- You deliver on your promises
- You are a positive role model
- You always place the customer at the heart of everything you do
- You realise by working as team we are stronger together
- You have the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
WHAT SCL OFFERS?
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
- Childcare vouchers - Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers