JOB TITLE: Senior Sales & Customer Service Executive
SALARY: to £20,000 - £22,000
START DATE: asap
Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to be part of an exceptional team working for a unique and inspiring purpose? Do you want to help create a legacy in the communities that we work in?
Working for a highly entrepreneurial business, where the two Founders have a very clear ambition and vision to “Positively impact the future prospects of one million children and young people”. SCL Education Group is one of the UK’s largest providers of education and skills training within the sports and leisure sector. Our delivery ranges from inspirational sports education and holiday clubs for school children, to providing further education to young people in our sporting academies and Foundation Degree courses for higher education students. We are an enthusiastic and motivated team who love coming to work knowing that we are helping to make a positive impact on children and young peoples’ lives.
We are now entering into the next exciting phase of our journey and are looking for an outstanding Senior Sales & Customer Service Executive to join our team and help us achieve our vision.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Sales and Customer Service Executive to join a growing team to deliver outstanding customer service. Responsibilities in this varied role include meeting and greeting visitors, dealing with all queries by phone and email professionally and efficiently, and completing all related administration tasks.
The Senior Sales and Customer Service Executive will work closely with the Commercial Manager, ensuring customers receive an excellent customer service experience and achieve business sales and service aims. You will be responsible for producing reports on customer service and sales trends and assisting with outbound marketing campaigns, building strong partnerships with local schools and organisations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DAY TO DAY DUTIES
Sales & Customer Service
- Handle incoming enquiries via core communication channels such as the call centre, email inbox, social channels and website
- Ensure visitors are greeted and signed into the SCL office
- Handle all key stakeholder and customer issues, queries and questions in an efficient, professional and timely manner
- Effectively deal with complaints and adhere to the complaints procedure and acting as point of escalation in the manager’s absence
- Follow up all unconfirmed orders on the booking site and convert to bookings
- Increase customer retention rates through targeted outbound call campaigns
- Assist the finance team with contacting customers with outstanding balances on their account
- Support Manager to ensure adequate phone coverage during phone opening hours
- Oversee all incoming calls and enquires in the manager’s absence
- Ensure Data Protection Compliance
- Support the Head of MIS to support the implementation of data management strategy
- Ensure key management information is accurate, analysed, understood and communicated
- Ensure compliance within legislative framework with all complaints and breaches.
- Create and prepare documents, standard letters, minutes, photo copying, scanning and filing, mail merge and other correspondence utilising Microsoft Office software.
- Ensure a variety of databases are kept accurate and up to date
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous experience in a busy customer service or reception role
- GCSEs or equivalent Maths / English Grade C or above
- Experience with Microsoft Office Packages (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
ARE YOU AN SCL PERSON?
- You are enthusiastic
- You will always go the extra mile
- You have a “make it happen” attitude
- You deliver on your promises
- You are a positive role model
- You always place the customer at the heart of everything you do
- You realise by working as team we are stronger together
- You have the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
WHAT SCL OFFERS?
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
- Childcare vouchers - Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers