JOB TITLE: Quality Manager (Work Based Learning (WBL), Adult Education Budget (AEB), Study Programme)
START DATE: ASAP
Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to be part of an exceptional team working for a unique and inspiring purpose? Do you want to help create a legacy in the communities that we work in?
Working for a highly entrepreneurial business, where the two Founders have a very clear ambition and vision to “Positively impact the future prospects of one million children and young people”. SCL Education Group is one of the UK’s largest providers of education and skills training within the sports and leisure sector. Our delivery ranges from inspirational sports education and holiday clubs for school children, to providing further education to young people in our sporting academies and Foundation Degree courses for higher education students. We are an enthusiastic and motivated team who love coming to work knowing that we are helping to make a positive impact on children and young peoples’ lives.
We are now entering into the next exciting phase of our journey and are looking for an outstanding Quality Manager to join our team and help us achieve our vision.
The Quality Manager is responsible for implementing our quality standards and policies and to ensure compliance. They will lead on Quality and compliance with a focus on WBL, Apprenticeships and AEB whilst supporting with our study programmes. They will revise and develop procedures in line with quality and compliance standards that are dictated from the various different governing bodies, lead providers, key stakeholders and OFSTED.
They will work closely with the rest of the management team to support our team on the field. They will implement systems that facilitate productivity, improve processes and guarantees efficiency.
They will ensure that SCL performs highly against the required standards and that the company as a whole buys into the necessity of quality and compliance and prioritises it within its day to day delivery.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DAY TO DAY DUTIES
- To be accountable for the management and facilitation of Quality Assurance and improvement with a focus on WBL, Apprenticeships and AEB
- To work with the Head of Quality and Curriculum to develop the quality of provision to the highest standard, focusing on our WBL and AEB provision
- To ensure areas for improvement are quickly identified and addressed with a focus on being judged at minimum Grade 2, Good during an OFSTED inspection
- To work with the Head of Quality and Curriculum to ensure outstanding quality of the learner experience and achievement
- To be accountable for ensuring that we follow and comply with our Lead Providers quality assurance and improvement measures as required
- Lead on Safeguarding and Equality and Diversity within our WBL and AEB provisions. Ensuring appropriate policies and procedures are being followed
- Perform observations and work with the team to support them to get to the required standard
- Lead on standardisation, moderation and verification, for the areas of our provision that you are accountable for and support with study programs
- Lead on self-assessment and quality improvement plans for the areas of our provision that you are accountable for and support with study programs
- Consult with department managers to ensure operations and quality are working as one
- Communicate with internal and external clients, promoting SCL’s work and our brand
- Train employees on quality measures and company policies
- Investigate systems’ failures and issues and provide workable solutions
- Coordinate and direct the implementation of new standards into practice
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Teaching qualification e.g. V1/TAQA, PGCE, DTTLS,
- Previously worked as, and made a success of, a Quality role within Education
- Previous experience with a training provider
- Experience of and understanding of apprenticeships, WBL and AEB
- Commercially astute
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the current FE skills sector
- Excellent IT, analysis and reporting skills
- Good communication and Influencing skills
- Enhanced DBS Check
- Clean driving licence
ARE YOU AN SCL PERSON?
- You are enthusiastic
- You will always go the extra mile
- You have a “make it happen” attitude
- You deliver on your promises
- You are a positive role model
- You realise by working as team we are stronger together
- You have the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
WHAT SCL OFFERS?
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
- Childcare vouchers - Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers