HOURS: Full-time, Part-time and term time hours available
LOCATION: Yateley, Basingstoke, Odiham, Ascot, Bagshot, Godalming
SALARY: £7.50 - £10 per hour
START DATE: ASAP
Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to be part of an exceptional team working for a unique and inspiring purpose? Do you want to help create a legacy in the communities that we work in?
Working for a highly entrepreneurial business, where the two Founders have a very clear ambition and vision to “Positively impact the future prospects of one million children and young people”. SCL Education Group is one of the UK’s largest providers of education and skills training within the sports and leisure sector. Our delivery ranges from inspirational sports education and holiday clubs for school children, to providing further education to young people in our sporting academies and Foundation Degree courses for higher education students. We are an enthusiastic and motivated team who love coming to work knowing that we are helping to make a positive impact on children and young peoples’ lives.
We are now entering into the next exciting phase of our journey and are looking for an outstanding Primary School Care Club Assistants to join our team and help us achieve our vision.
This is a great opportunity for an individual passionate about child care and looking to develop their career. The Primary School Care Club Assistant will deliver an engaging daily club programme of activities within a Breakfast and Afterschool club setting, monitor the effectiveness of activities, and develop strong relationships with schools and parents.
The Primary School Care Club Assistant will be part of a dedicated team of Primary Education Tutors and Regional Managers, ensuring a safe and secure environment is provided to children aged 4 – 11 years. Our teams are provided with opportunities for their own career development for a fantastic career path in Childcare.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DAY TO DAY DUTIES
- Plan and deliver engaging and fun activities at Breakfast and After School Clubs.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children at all times.
- Build and sustain excellent working relationships with school staff and parents
- Manage and maintain club ratios and registers of all children attending SCL’s clubs.
- Ensure the process of registration of children attending SCL clubs is accurately adhered to.
- Obtain regular feedback from children, parents and school staff on the progress of SCL clubs.
- Complete and record all necessary club admin as required.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Ideally hold an NVQ Level 2 in Playwork / Childcare, or be willing to work towards.
- Be an inspirational individual who can bring fun and creativeness to the Primary Education Department.
- Have a fun and energetic nature.
- Be reliable and passionate over everything else as there will be interaction with many different people both internally and in the schools you work in.
- Be able to relate to and engage with children between the ages of 4-11.
- A people person with fantastic communication skills.
- Enjoy building strong relationships with parents and Headteachers.
- Undertake an enhanced DBS check
ARE YOU AN SCL PERSON?
- You are enthusiastic
- You will always go the extra mile
- You have a “make it happen” attitude
- You deliver on your promises
- You are a positive role model
- You always place the customer at the heart of everything you do
- You realise by working as team we are stronger together
WHAT SCL OFFERS?
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
- Childcare vouchers - Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers