JOB TITLE: Marketing Executive
SALARY: £24,000 - £27,000
START DATE: ASAP
Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to be part of an exceptional team working for a unique and inspiring purpose? Do you want to help create a legacy in the communities that we work in?
Working for a highly entrepreneurial business, where the two Founders have a very clear ambition and vision to “Positively impact the future prospects of one million children and young people”. SCL Education Group is one of the UK’s largest providers of education and skills training within the sports and leisure sector. Our delivery ranges from inspirational sports education and holiday clubs for school children, to providing further education to young people in our sporting academies and Foundation Degree courses for higher education students. We are an enthusiastic and motivated team who love coming to work knowing that we are helping to make a positive impact on children and young peoples’ lives.
We are now entering into the next exciting phase of our journey and are looking for an outstanding Marketing Executive to join our team and help us achieve our vision.
This is a great opportunity for a generalist Marketing Executive to join a Company at a time of rapid growth. The Marketing Executive will be an integral part of the team that will focus on customer first marketing. They will work with the rest of the team to ensure marketing strategies match customer requirements and successfully promote SCL products, services and brand.
The Marketing Executive will be responsible for working on new and exciting projects and product launches, and will play a key role in driving business growth further through lead generation. They will take projects from initial ideas and conception through to delivery and analysis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DAY TO DAY DUTIES
- Managing and executing all elements and assets of engaging customer first marketing campaigns across the full marketing mix
- Assist in the delivery of the company’s marketing plans and analyse campaigns effectiveness, offering suggestions on how to increase click-thru and conversions.
- Assist in developing a distinct online brand presence to attract and increase followers through social media channels, SEO, PPC, mobile and affiliate marketing
- Identify opportunities to cross and up-sell on all service and marketing communications
- Working with sales teams to ensure that all marketing activities drive leads in line with the sales strategy
- Produce well written, meaningful and creative copy (brochures, press releases, website material etc.)
- Helping to develop the web platform to support the online communications strategy
- Assist the Marketing Manager with monthly reporting against agreed departmental KPIs
- Plan marketing campaigns with very clear KPI’s and in line with company aims
- Manage the social media plan for both sides of the SCL business; content planning, asset generation, channel management, reporting and budget management
- Manage 3rd party relationships with industry bodies – sport and education governing bodies, key titles and potential partnerships
- Work with both internal Artworker and external design agencies to produce collateral to support our partners, sales teams, exhibitions and events
- Attend photoshoots to ensure that assets generated are on brand and fit for purpose
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Marketing Degree or equivalent qualification
- 3 plus years’ experience in a Marketing Executive role
- Confident in all Microsoft IT packages
- Excellent Communication and writing skills
- Social media and email marketing experience
- Campaign marketing experience and link building
DESIRABLE SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in Education and / or Child Care
- Experience in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Experience with CMS (content management system)
- Experience of marketing through a CRM platform
ARE YOU AN SCL PERSON?
- You are enthusiastic
- You will always go the extra mile
- You have a “make it happen” attitude
- You deliver on your promises
- You are a positive role model
- You always place the customer at the heart of everything you do
- You realise by working as team we are stronger together
- You have the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
WHAT SCL OFFERS?
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
- Childcare vouchers - Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers