JOB TITLE: MIS Lead
SALARY: £25,000 - £28,000
START DATE: ASAP
Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to be part of an exceptional team working for a unique and inspiring purpose? Do you want to help create a legacy in the communities that we work in?
Working for a highly entrepreneurial business, where the two Founders have a very clear ambition and vision to “Positively impact the future prospects of one million children and young people”. SCL Education Group is one of the UK’s largest providers of education and skills training within the sports and leisure sector. Our delivery ranges from inspirational sports education and holiday clubs for school children, to providing further education to young people in our sporting academies and Foundation Degree courses for higher education students. We are an enthusiastic and motivated team who love coming to work knowing that we are helping to make a positive impact on children and young peoples’ lives.
We are now entering into the next exciting phase of our journey and are looking for an outstanding MIS Lead to join our team and help us achieve our vision.
An exciting opportunity to join a growing Company as an MIS Lead to assist the Head of MIS, Funding & Compliance with the development of the Management Information Systems, Data and procedures. You will ensure we are consistently compliant to ensure we are able to maximise funding for work undertaken.
The job holder will be responsible for supporting a dynamic MIS & Administration department to provide the business with comprehensive, reliable, relevant and up-to-date information and report facilities. This will include providing support and maximising funding, performance and curriculum planning and efficiency, lead on enrolments, collecting, processing and recording learning information, and provide data to support with monthly and year end Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) and Self-Assessment Report (SAR).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DAY TO DAY DUTIES
- To support compliance within legislative framework with all complaints and breaches. Ensure compliance with funding rules for all of our programmes
- To support that the Company is compliant at funding audits on directly funded contracts and sub-contracting arrangements
- To ensure that accurate and timely funding reports and training returns (ILR) are compiled and submitted to funding bodies and funding partners in the required format and by agreed deadlines
- Continuously monitor Management Information (MI) to ensure the business is on course to outperform against the Strategic Plan
- Produce and provide MI Reports as per the business needs
- To manage the MIS (Pro-Solutions) and other related Compass Systems the business uses for data
- Produce, interpret and understand relevant data reports from Compass Systems
- To produce reports and assist with any inspections with lead providers or Ofsted
- Ensure the set-up of all programme and courses data on the MIS is available for Academic Year Start (staff, courses, qualifications, registers, timetables etc.)
- Quality Assurance of Student Data held ensuring that it is accurate and meets correct funding requirements (ILR & PDSAT) and meets Data Integrity Checks carried out by our External Funding Provider Audits
- Ensure all learners are enrolled on relevant qualifications, timely, in line with Awarding Body requirements
- Provide the management team with performance reports of Success for all qualifications and programmes levels of Functional Skills Exams & GCSEs
- Lead, mentor and motivate the team, ensuring the departments KPIs are met
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous experience in a MIS role
- Experience of Compass Products – including Pro-Solutions (MIS) and the various student data systems such as ProAchieve, ProMonitor, Pro-Verify, Pro-Observe
- Strong working knowledge of ESFA Funded programmes such as Study programme, Traineeships, Apprenticeships, Adult Skills Budget and Student loans
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Advanced IT skills and confident in using a range of IT tools
- Highest standards with attention to detail, accuracy and compliance
- An inquisitive mind determined to provide timely and accurate information
ARE YOU AN SCL PERSON?
- You are enthusiastic
- You will always go the extra mile
- You have a “make it happen” attitude
- You deliver on your promises
- You are a positive role model
- You always place the customer at the heart of everything you do
- You realise by working as team we are stronger together
- You have the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
WHAT SCL OFFERS?
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
- Childcare vouchers - Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers