JOB TITLE: Learner Engagement Officer
SALARY: £20,000 - £25,000
START DATE: ASAP
Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to be part of an exceptional team working for a unique and inspiring purpose? Do you want to help create a legacy in the communities that we work in?
Working for a highly entrepreneurial business, where the two Founders have a very clear ambition and vision to “Positively impact the future prospects of one million children and young people”. SCL Education Group is one of the UK’s largest providers of education and skills training within the sports and leisure sector. Our delivery ranges from inspirational sports education and holiday clubs for school children, to providing further education to young people in our sporting academies and Foundation Degree courses for higher education students. We are an enthusiastic and motivated team who love coming to work knowing that we are helping to make a positive impact on children and young peoples’ lives.
We are now entering into the next exciting phase of our journey and are looking for an outstanding Learner Engagement Officer to join our team and help us achieve our vision.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and driven individual to join our Education and Training department as a Learner Engagement Officer. The successful candidate will use their excellent communication skills to build strong lasting relationships with new and existing education providers, sports academies and learners.
This is a busy and varied role where you will provide full support to the sales function for Education and Training, ensuring they can maximise their selling time out in the field. You will play a significant part in maximising the learner numbers on each of our Sporting Academy programmes by providing strong, efficient office support.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DAY TO DAY DUTIES
- Central contact point for recruiting and on-boarding of learners for post 16 study programmes
- Take calls from potential candidate / learner and provide information on our academy programmes
- Book learners onto a trial at the suitable academy and arrange interview and assessment for academic ability
- Take the lead on ‘on-boarding’ communication and PR with candidates accepted / deferred onto academy programmes
- Respond to candidates either accepting, rejecting or deferring their applications
- Working closely with Business Development Managers and Curriculum Managers to increase learner’s numbers and trials
- Produce statistics and reports to the Management and Directors team on progress of learners against target
- Ensure that the CRM System is updated, maintained and managed appropriately with learners
- Assist with collating club compliance (DBS checks and registers etc.)
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- GCSEs or equivalent in English and Maths
- Previous experience in a busy office environment
- High level of IT skills, including all Microsoft products and CRM systems Dynamics 365
- Knowledge of BTEC ‘s and sporting clubs would be an advantage, but not essential
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Undertake an enhanced DBS check
ARE YOU AN SCL PERSON?
- You are enthusiastic
- You will always go the extra mile
- You have a “make it happen” attitude
- You deliver on your promises
- You are a positive role model
- You always place the customer at the heart of everything you do
- You realise by working as team we are stronger together
- You have the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
WHAT SCL OFFERS?
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance and Income Protection
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Highly achievable Bonus Scheme
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
- Childcare vouchers - Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers