JOB TITLE: Head of Quality
START DATE: ASAP
Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to be part of an exceptional team working for a unique and inspiring purpose? Do you want to help create a legacy in the communities that we work in?
Working for a highly entrepreneurial business, where the two Founders have a very clear ambition and vision to “Positively impact the future prospects of one million children and young people”. SCL Education Group is one of the UK’s largest providers of education and skills training within the sports and leisure sector. Our delivery ranges from inspirational sports education and holiday clubs for school children, to providing further education to young people in our sporting academies and Foundation Degree courses for higher education students. We are an enthusiastic and motivated team who love coming to work knowing that we are helping to make a positive impact on children and young peoples’ lives.
We are now entering into the next exciting phase of our journey and are looking for an outstanding Head of Quality to join our senior management team and help us achieve our vision.
The Head of Quality is responsible for the success of Quality throughout our Education and Training Department. The role will lead and inspire the entire Quality team, suggesting and implementing changes to ensure continued success. This is a senior management position that will work alongside the rest of the team to provide an outstanding customer experience.
They are accountable for ensuring the department complies with all quality and compliance standards that are dictated from the various different governing bodies, lead providers, key stakeholders and OFSTED. They will need to be able to ensure that quality and compliance works in practice with in the department and that all strategic plans consider and work with operational and commercial constraints.
They will embed quality assurance, enhancement and compliance standards throughout the company. They will ensure that SCL performs highly against the required standards and that the company as a whole buys into the necessity of compliance and prioritises it within its day to day delivery.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DAY TO DAY DUTIES
- To be accountable for the strategy, management and facilitation of Quality Assurance and improvement across the company
- To lead and work with the Head of Curriculum to develop the quality of provision to the highest standard
- To ensure areas for improvement are quickly identified and addressed with a focus on being judged at minimum Grade 2, Good during an OFSTED inspection
- To work with the Head of Curriculum to ensure outstanding quality of the learner experience and achievement
- To be accountable for ensuring that we follow and comply with our Lead Provider quality assurance and improvement measures as required
- Lead on Safeguarding and Equality and Diversity throughout the company. Ensuring appropriate policies and procedures are in place, being followed and that they comply with all requirements.
- Lead and manage the Quality team to ensure success throughout the department
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Qualification in Quality Management (Desirable but not essential)
- Teaching qualification PGCE, DTTLS D32,33,34/A1, V1/TAQA
- Previously worked as, and made a success of, a Head of Quality role within Education
- Previous experience with a training provider (Desirable but not essential)
- Detailed knowledge of a range of quality frameworks
- Knowledge of quality requirements for awarding organisations
- Knowledge of processes of internal and external moderation/verification
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the current FE skills sector
- Excellent IT, analysis and reporting skills
- Enhanced DBS Check
- Clean driving licence
ARE YOU AN SCL PERSON?
- You are enthusiastic
- You will always go the extra mile
- You have a “make it happen” attitude
- You deliver on your promises
- You are a positive role model
- You always place the customer at the heart of everything you do
- You realise by working as team we are stronger together
- You have the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
WHAT SCL OFFERS?
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
- Childcare vouchers - Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers