LOCATION: Islington, Stratford, Ipswich, Needham Market, Wembley, Beckton, West Malling
SALARY: £21,000 - £28,000
START DATE: ASAP
Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to be part of an exceptional team working for a unique and inspiring purpose? Do you want to help create a legacy in the communities that we work in?
Working for a highly entrepreneurial business, where the two Founders have a very clear ambition and vision to “Positively impact the future prospects of one million children and young people”. SCL Education Group is one of the UK’s largest providers of education and skills training within the sports and leisure sector. Our delivery ranges from inspirational sports education and holiday clubs for school children, to providing further education to young people in our sporting academies and Foundation Degree courses for higher education students. We are an enthusiastic and motivated team who love coming to work knowing that we are helping to make a positive impact on children and young peoples’ lives.
We are now entering into the next exciting phase of our journey and are looking for an outstanding FE Sports Lecturer to join our team and help us achieve our vision.
An exciting opportunity for an inspiring FE Sports Lecturer to join the SCL Training and Education Team of Tutors, Assessors and Sports Coaches in continuing to develop our excellent reputation for providing high-quality teaching that results in young people achieving outstanding learner outcomes.
Lecturers will be responsible for the delivery of Vocational Courses, such as BTEC’s, VRQ’s and NVQ’s in Sport for students aged 16-19 years, and identify and progress new topic areas, courses and teaching materials whilst maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge. Our courses are offered in partnership with Professional and Semi-Professional Football and Rugby Clubs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DAY TO DAY DUTIES
- Lead, inspire and support learners with different abilities.
- Mark work, giving appropriate feedback and maintain records of learners progress and development.
- Manage and monitor all learner evidence in line with company and awarding body requirements.
- Devise and oversee examinations, ensure regular contact with the Quality Trainer (IV) to ensure quality standards are met.
- Ensure all learners are progress through their qualification adhering to schemes of work.
- Maintain regular communication with Key Stakeholders on learner progress.
- Identify and plan additional support for learners as necessary.
- Act as a Company representative at parents' evenings, taster days, open days and careers or education conventions.
- Interview potential learners and conduct assessments as necessary.
- Manage learner behavior and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of unacceptable behavior;
- Participate in regular teaching observations and in-service training as part of continuing professional development (CPD).
- Attend team meetings to monitor, review and evaluate relevant courses.
- Understand fully the national standards for each qualification.
- Act as the Company’s representative at club trials.
- Manage and support all learner recruitment with the Sales department and maintain learner retention targets.
- Maintain knowledge regarding Education and Training stakeholders’ policies and procedures.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- A recognised secondary or post 16 teaching qualification, e.g. PGCE, DTTLS
- A1 Award
- V1 Award is desirable, but not essential
- Ability to maintain a focus on delivery expectations
- Approachable and flexible
- Ability to work autonomously
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Complete enhanced DBS check
ARE YOU AN SCL PERSON?
- You are enthusiastic
- You will always go the extra mile
- You have a “make it happen” attitude
- You deliver on your promises
- You are a positive role model
- You always place the customer at the heart of everything you do
- You realise by working as team we are stronger together
- You have the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
WHAT SCL OFFERS?
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance and Income Protection
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
- Childcare vouchers - Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers