JOB TITLE: Early Years Specialist
SALARY: £24,000 - £28,000
START DATE: ASAP
Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to be part of an exceptional team working for a unique and inspiring purpose? Do you want to help create a legacy in the communities that we work in?
Working for a highly entrepreneurial business, where the two Founders have a very clear ambition and vision to “Positively impact the future prospects of one million children and young people”. SCL Education Group is one of the UK’s largest providers of education and skills training within the sports and leisure sector. Our delivery ranges from inspirational sports education and holiday clubs for school children, to providing further education to young people in our sporting academies and Foundation Degree courses for higher education students. We are an enthusiastic and motivated team who love coming to work knowing that we are helping to make a positive impact on children and young peoples’ lives.
We are now entering into the next exciting phase of our journey and are looking for an outstanding Early Years Specialist to join our team and help us achieve our vision.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Early Years Specialist to join our team and take our ‘Early Years’ Service to an outstanding level. The EYFS role will be particularly focussed on the coaching and childcare services we provide 4-5 year olds during our after school care clubs in term time and holiday clubs.
The main aim of this role is to deliver and maintain an excellent level of service to the schools we work with, providing safeguarding training to all staff, and reviewing programmes and activities to ensure we achieve Outstanding Ofsted grades. The Early Years Specialist will have experience with Ofsted and excellent understanding of the EYFS Framework and standards. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DAY TO DAY DUTIES
- Inducting all new staff on the EYFS programmes and safeguarding policies and procedures
- Working closely with the Quality Manager to develop best practice across the group
- Review and improve safeguarding policies and procedures
- Stay up to date with industry changes, government updates and local authority updates
- Visit sites and audit standards and compliance
- Develop an effective information gathering process for children with SEN and medical conditions
- Create new ways to engage children
- Create stronger links with schools, and in particular with Reception class teachers
- Implement a plan to achieve ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted Grades and ensure sites are Ofsted ready for inspections
- Review resources and propose new ideas for equipment
- Review and improving behaviour management techniques, policies and procedures
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- A minimum of CACHE Level 3 or NVQ Level 3
- Good Knowledge of Ofsted standards
- Excellent Safeguarding Knowledge (with minimum level 2, ideally level 3 qualification)
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS
- Good knowledge of behaviour management techniques
- Good knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong people management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities / SENCO etc.
- Previous experience working in a childcare setting
- A management or leadership qualification is desirable
ARE YOU AN SCL PERSON?
- You are enthusiastic
- You will always go the extra mile
- You have a “make it happen” attitude
- You deliver on your promises
- You are a positive role model
- You always place the customer at the heart of everything you do
- You realise by working as team we are stronger together
- You have the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
WHAT SCL OFFERS?
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
- Childcare vouchers - Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers