JOB TITLE: Data Officer
SALARY: £16,000 - £18,000
START DATE: ASAP
Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to be part of an exceptional team working for a unique and inspiring purpose? Do you want to help create a legacy in the communities that we work in?
Working for a highly entrepreneurial business, where the two Founders have a very clear ambition and vision to “Positively impact the future prospects of one million children and young people”. SCL Education Group is one of the UK’s largest providers of education and skills training within the sports and leisure sector. Our delivery ranges from inspirational sports education and holiday clubs for school children, to providing further education to young people in our sporting academies and Foundation Degree courses for higher education students. We are an enthusiastic and motivated team who love coming to work knowing that we are helping to make a positive impact on children and young peoples’ lives.
We are now entering into the next exciting phase of our journey and are looking for an outstanding Data Officer to join our team and help us achieve our vision.
An exciting opportunity to join a growing Company as a Data Officer to provide central data support for the Management Information System Team and manage the administrative process for timetable and registers.
The successful candidate will be the main point of contact in the MIS Team for providing support for timetable and register paperwork, and will also provide general data and enrolment support to ensure the MIS Team achieve their collective responsibilities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DAY TO DAY DUTIES
- Provide an excellent service to staff, students, parents and external stakeholders at all times
- Data input and administration support to the MIS team and wider services
- Monitor register set up and be fully responsible for issuing and amending registers
- Provide support to tutors to answer register queries and make changes to register marks in accordance with the register marking guidance
- Work with the MIS Data Manager to review and improve the timetabling system and registers year on year, so that effectiveness of service is maximised
- Work with Curriculum Managers to ensure timely submission of timetables prior to start of courses, checking that course timetables match the approved curriculum plan structure and hours
- Monitor attendance patterns, and ensure start date compliance
- Provide training and guidance for staff and tutors on the use of ProSolution.Web and updating them on changes to the system, marks available and internal processes.
- Maintain and manage all enrolment paper records in the MIS office, ensuring all files are treated securely and confidentially
- Provide continuous support for the enrolment process to ensure learners are enrolled on school sport classes, activity clubs, or 16+ study programmes as efficiently as possible
- Attend 16+ study programme enrolment events when required
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous experience in a customer service or administration role
- Excellent communication and attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Highly efficient and organised
- Understanding of qualifications and funding criteria and Education or Apprenticeships would be advantageous, but not essential
ARE YOU AN SCL PERSON?
- You are enthusiastic
- You will always go the extra mile
- You have a “make it happen” attitude
- You deliver on your promises
- You are a positive role model
- You always place the customer at the heart of everything you do
- You realise by working as team we are stronger together
- You have the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
WHAT SCL OFFERS?
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
- Childcare vouchers - Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers