JOB TITLE: Curriculum Manager
SALARY: £30,000 - £35,000
START DATE: ASAP
Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to be part of an exceptional team working for a unique and inspiring purpose? Do you want to help create a legacy in the communities that we work in?
Working for a highly entrepreneurial business, where the two Founders have a very clear ambition and vision to “Positively impact the future prospects of one million children and young people”. SCL Education Group is one of the UK’s largest providers of education and skills training within the sports and leisure sector. Our delivery ranges from inspirational sports education and holiday clubs for school children, to providing further education to young people in our sporting academies and Foundation Degree courses for higher education students. We are an enthusiastic and motivated team who love coming to work knowing that we are helping to make a positive impact on children and young peoples’ lives.
We are now entering into the next exciting phase of our journey and are looking for an outstanding Curriculum Manager to join our team and help us achieve our vision.
We have a great opportunity to join our growing Education Team as a Curriculum Manager, to take responsibility for the management of the region and operational service delivery. Key responsibilities will include effectively managing and supporting all employees and venues within the region to ensure every individual employee and site is maximising it’s potential, and that everyone is working together to achieve the best outcome for SCL and our learners.
This successful candidate will create operational plans as well as ensuring quality is managed and service delivery supports the business strategy, goals and objectives. The Curriculum Manager will ensure all courses and educational programmes are delivered successfully, developing loyalty from existing customers by delivering excellence.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DAY TO DAY DUTIES
- Manage and develop the regional delivery team ensuring the achievement of quality and delivery objectives across the region in line with the agreed annual budgets
- Effectively lead and manage the team holding regular performance reviews to ensure all tutors achieve and exceed KPIs' and
- Monitor training needs and ensure that the relevant level of training, development and coaching is available to all team members
- Ensure that the regional team is adequately resourced and can consistently deliver high quality programmes
- Produce reports and meet with the Head of Curriculum and Performance on a monthly basis, ensuring operational performance is monitored and where necessary improved
- Contribute to the development of innovation in the design and delivery of the curriculum in relation to government policy and business needs, regularly reviewing the delivery and effectiveness within your region
- Adhere to compliance requirements of funding bodies and Lead Providers
- Participate in in-service training as part of continuing professional development (CPD)
- Attend/Lead team meetings to monitor, review and evaluate relevant courses and team quality standards
- Work with Head of Curriculum to ensure Business is prepared for any inspections from our Lead Providers, External Compliance Auditors and/or OFSTED
- Contribute to the Quality Review Process and Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) ensuring actions are met as required
- Manage region on all course requirements such as but not limited to; Management and reporting of student attendance and student behaviour, learner reports in line with customer or SCL requirements and ensure all Health & Safety checks are completed
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Proven experience of managing a team of staff within a target driven environment
- Strong leadership and performance management ability
- Able to build working relationships at a senior level
- Teaching or assessing qualifications/experience is desirable, but not essential for the right candidate
- Strong communication and self-motivation skills
- GCSEs English and Maths (C or above or key skills equivalent)
- Satisfactory DBS check
ARE YOU AN SCL PERSON?
- You are enthusiastic
- You will always go the extra mile
- You have a “make it happen” attitude
- You deliver on your promises
- You are a positive role model
- You always place the customer at the heart of everything you do
- You realise by working as team we are stronger together
- You have the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
WHAT SCL OFFERS?
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
- Childcare vouchers - Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers