JOB TITLE: Business Improvement Manager
SALARY: £35,000 - £40,000
START DATE: ASAP
Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to be part of an exceptional team working for a unique and inspiring purpose? Do you want to help create a legacy in the communities that we work in?
Working for a highly entrepreneurial business, where the two Founders have a very clear ambition and vision to “Positively impact the future prospects of one million children and young people”. SCL Education Group is one of the UK’s largest providers of education and skills training within the sports and leisure sector. Our delivery ranges from inspirational sports education and holiday clubs for school children, to providing further education to young people in our sporting academies and Foundation Degree courses for higher education students. We are an enthusiastic and motivated team who love coming to work knowing that we are helping to make a positive impact on children and young peoples’ lives.
We are now entering into the next exciting phase of our journey and are looking for an outstanding Business Improvement Manager to join our team and help us achieve our vision.
We have an opportunity for a Business Improvement Manager to join SCL to provide SCL with clear direction as it transforms its ways of working and further develops a Continuous Improvement culture. The main purpose of the role is to increase the efficiency, productivity and profitability of the business by identifying and facilitating opportunities for improvement.
The Business Improvement Manager will be responsible for Process Mapping, Process Re-Engineering, Value Stream Mapping, culture change and other improvements to enhance SCL’s business processes. The successful candidate will have the ability to challenge, engage, influence and facilitate changes that become embedded within the company and that result in visible and measurable improvements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DAY TO DAY DUTIES
- To drive and champion Business and Continuous Improvement within SCL
- To facilitate individuals and teams in Change Management, Business and Continuous Improvement processes.
- To control and run the process map projects within SCL, including establishing existing processes, mapping the processes, identifying improvements in the processes and re-engineering processes to increase efficiencies and profitability.
- Set up and run the system for the ongoing audit and control of the process maps and ensure that their owners understand them.
- Review business processes for improvement opportunities.
- Assist managers and directors in the recognition of improvement opportunities.
- Provide training in process mapping, value stream analysis, lean working/concepts and other improvement techniques.
- Give practical guidance and assistance to departments in the creation of training material linked to process maps.
- Monitor that appropriate KPIs are being produced, ensuring that they are driving the correct management behaviour.
- Work closely with and liaise with IT to help systemise processes
- Able to write training material behind the process map e.g. top level steps and break down so all staff can follow
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Experienced in a range of methods within Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong project management, negotiation and influencing skills
- Experience of working in a fast paced and changing environment
- 3 plus years’ experience within a similar role
DESIRABLE SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience within a College or with a private training provider
- Previous experience with Office365
- Experience with Microsoft work flow to automate certain processes
ARE YOU AN SCL PERSON?
- You are enthusiastic
- You will always go the extra mile
- You have a “make it happen” attitude
- You deliver on your promises
- You are a positive role model
- You always place the customer at the heart of everything you do
- You realise by working as team we are stronger together
- You have the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
WHAT SCL OFFERS?
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
- Childcare vouchers - Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers