JOB TITLE: Business Development Executive
REPORTS TO: Commercial Manager
SALARY: £18,000 - £22,000 basic + commission - Depending on Experience
START DATE: asap
Founded in 1999, SCL Education Group is one of the UK’s largest providers of education and skills training within the sports and leisure sector. Our delivery ranges from inspirational sports education and holiday clubs for school children, to providing further education to young people in our sporting academies and Foundation Degree courses for higher education students.
SCL is a highly entrepreneurial business, where the two Founders have a very clear ambition and vision to “Positively impact the future prospects of one million children and young people”.
MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Business Development Executive is responsible for booking new business meetings supporting the commercial manager to achieve new business’ Sales and Customer Service aims & Target, this will suit someone who is driven to hit targets and has a passion for sales & marketing.
KEY RESPONSBILITIES AND DUTIES
Sales & Customer Service
- Booking appointments for and working closely with the Commercial Manager
- Supporting with brochures drops to schools
- Booking taster sessions
- Follow up all unconfirmed orders on the booking site and convert to bookings
- Increase customer retention rates through targeted outbound call campaigns
- Achieve individual, departmental and business objectives
- Support Manager to ensure adequate phone coverage during phone opening hours
- Maintain a good understanding of the products and processes.
- Support the commercial manager with proposals, new contracts and contract renewals
- Support with email campaigns to generate leads
- Ensure key management information is accurate, analysed, understood and communicated
- Ensure compliance within legislative framework with all complaints and breaches.
- Be responsible for ensuring paperwork and computer-based information are logged and stored in accordance with Data Protection Act.
- Ensure a variety of databases are kept accurate and up to date
- Customer records management (utilising CRM system)
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ideally experienced telesales specialist with a proven track record of gaining new business and securing appointments or someone with a passion to over achieve
- GCSEs or equivalent Maths / English Grade C or above
- Experience with Microsoft Office Packages (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Desire to achieve targets
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- You are enthusiastic
- You will always go the extra mile
- You have a “make it happen” attitude
- You deliver on your promises
- You are a positive role model
- You always place the customer at the heart of everything you do
- You realise by working as team we are stronger together
WHAT SCL OFFERS?
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Highly achievable Bonus Schemes (where applicable)
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
- Childcare vouchers - Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers