JOB TITLE: Assistant FE Sports Lecturer
LOCATION: South & Midlands
SALARY: £18,000 - £20,000
START DATE: ASAP
Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to be part of an exceptional team working for a unique and inspiring purpose? Do you want to help create a legacy in the communities that we work in?
Working for a highly entrepreneurial business, where the two Founders have a very clear ambition and vision to “Positively impact the future prospects of one million children and young people”. SCL Education Group is one of the UK’s largest providers of education and skills training within the sports and leisure sector. Our delivery ranges from inspirational sports education and holiday clubs for school children, to providing further education to young people in our sporting academies and Foundation Degree courses for higher education students. We are an enthusiastic and motivated team who love coming to work knowing that we are helping to make a positive impact on children and young peoples’ lives.
We are now entering into the next exciting phase of our journey and are looking for an outstanding Assistant FE Sports Lecturer to join our team and help us achieve our vision.
This is a great opportunity to start your career in teaching as an Assistant FE Sports Lecturer for SCL Training and Education. You will join a passionate team of Tutors, Assessors and Sports Coaches in continuing to develop our excellent reputation for providing high-quality teaching that results in young people achieving outstanding learner outcomes.
The successful Assistant FE Sports Tutor will provide support to SCL’s fully qualified FE Sports Lecturers within our well established and growing academies. You will assist Lecturers at a number of academies in the South of England, providing support and teaching for a range of qualifications, such as BTEC’s, NVQ’s and VRQ’s partnered with a range of sporting programmes, such as Football, Cricket, Rugby and many more!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DAY TO DAY DUTIES
- Support and inspire SCL students throughout their academic journey with SCL.
- Provide assistance to the FE Lecturer in the delivery of the academy’s educational programme.
- Ensure students receive day to day support and guidance to achieve their qualifications.
- Act as a Company representative at parent’s evenings, taster days, open days and career fairs.
- Assist the FE Lecturer with club trials and student interviews.
- Participate in regular teaching observations and in-service training as part of continuing professional development (CPD).
- Assist with marking work, giving appropriate feedback and maintain records of learners progress and development.
- Provide support to the FE Sports Lecturer with all learner evidence in line with company and awarding body requirements.
- Maintain regular communication with Key Stakeholders on learner progress.
- Understand fully the national standards for each qualification.
- Maintain knowledge regarding Education and Training stakeholders’ policies and procedures.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Hold or be happy to work towards a recognised secondary or post 16 teaching qualification, e.g. PGCE, DTTLS
- Ability to maintain a focus on delivery expectations
- Approachable and flexible
- Ability to work autonomously
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Complete enhanced DBS check
- A valid driving licence and own car is essential due to the travel required between academies
ARE YOU AN SCL PERSON?
- You are enthusiastic
- You will always go the extra mile
- You have a “make it happen” attitude
- You deliver on your promises
- You are a positive role model
- You always place the customer at the heart of everything you do
- You realise by working as team we are stronger together
- You have the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
WHAT SCL OFFERS?
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance and Income Protection
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
- Childcare vouchers - Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers