JOB TITLE: Assistant FE Sports Lecturer
LOCATION: Hampshire, Wiltshire, Surrey, Greater London, Northampton, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle, Darlington, Sheffield, West Yorkshire, Liverpool, Chester, Bolton, Warwickshire, Cambridgeshire, Derby, Leicester, Coventry, Nottingham.
SALARY: £22,000 - £26,000
START DATE: August/September 2018
Due to continued growth and developing partnerships we are recruiting various full and part time assistant tutor roles across the UK for out forthcoming Academic year. Locations include: Hampshire, Wiltshire, Surrey, Greater London, Northampton, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle, Darlington, Sheffield, West Yorkshire, Liverpool, Chester, Bolton, Warwickshire, Cambrigeshire, Derby, Leicester, Coventry, Nottingham.
Suitable candidates would be required to attend an assessment day on 9th May 2018.
MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide assistance to experience FE Lecturers in the delivery of qualifications and educational programmes, developing loyalty from existing customers by delivering excellence in everything. As part of this role the Assistant FE Lecturer will be involved in supporting an FE Lecturer with learners in a group or on a one-to-one basis, delivering all aspects of the qualifications in a variety of subjects and levels.
KEY RESPONSBILITIES AND DUTIES
Teaching / Learner Management
• Identify and progress new topic areas, courses and teaching materials whilst maintaining up-to-date subject knowledge;
• Lead, inspire and support learners with different abilities;
• Provide assistance to the FE Lecturer in marking, feedback and maintaining learner development records.
• Manage and monitor all learner evidence in line with company and awarding body requirements.
• Devise and oversee examinations and liaise with the Quality team to ensure appropriate standards are met.
• Ensure all learners are progress through their qualification adhering to schemes of work.
• Maintain regular communication with Key Stakeholders on learner progress.
• Provide day to day pastoral care to learners.
• Identify and plan additional support for learners where necessary.
• Act as a Company representative at parents' evenings, taster days, open days and careers or education conventions.
• Assist the FE Lecturer with potential learner interviews; carrying our assessment as necessary.
• Manage learner behaviour and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of unacceptable behaviour;
• Establish work experience and carry out learner assessments in the workplace, as appropriate.
• Participate in regular teaching observations and in-service training as part of continuing professional development (CPD).
• Understand fully the national standards for each qualification.
• Attend team meetings to monitor, review and evaluate relevant courses.
• Provide timely feedback to Key Stakeholders on a regular basis
• Assist FE Lecturers in maintaining learner retention targets.
• Actively promote further opportunities for course participation.
• Maintain knowledge regarding Education and Training stakeholders’ policies and procedures.
• Assist the FE Lecturer with all course and general administration requirements such as but not limited to:
o Management and reporting of student attendance on relevant systems, e.g. Pro-solutions
o Update qualification Tracker Sheet
o Management and reporting of student behaviour
o Learner reports in line with customer or SCL requirements
o Ensure all Health & Safety checks are completed
o General course administration
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Functional skills qualification(s) at GCSE or other level 2 equivalent.
• Good IT, numeracy and communication skills (oral and written).
• High level of organisation skills
• A satisfactory DBS check
• A recognised secondary or post 16 teaching qualification, e.g. PGCE, DTTLS
• Previous teaching experience
• Previous experience working with 16-19 years’ age group
• You are enthusiastic
• You will always go the extra mile
• You have a “make it happen” attitude
• You deliver on your promises
• You are a positive role model
• You always place the learner at the heart of everything you do
• You realise by working as team we are stronger together
WHAT SCL OFFERS?
• Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
• An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
• Outstanding internal promotion prospects
• Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
• Highly achievable Bonus Schemes (where applicable)
• Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
• Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
• Childcare vouchers - Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers