JOB TITLE: Apprenticeship Assessor
LOCATION: South / London
SALARY: to £25,000
START DATE: ASAP
Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to be part of an exceptional team working for a unique and inspiring purpose? Do you want to help create a legacy in the communities that we work in?
Working for a highly entrepreneurial business, where the two Founders have a very clear ambition and vision to “Positively impact the future prospects of one million children and young people”. SCL Education Group is one of the UK’s largest providers of education and skills training within the sports and leisure sector. Our delivery ranges from inspirational sports education and holiday clubs for school children, to providing further education to young people in our sporting academies and Foundation Degree courses for higher education students. We are an enthusiastic and motivated team who love coming to work knowing that we are helping to make a positive impact on children and young peoples’ lives.
We are now entering into the next exciting phase of our journey and are looking for an outstanding Apprenticeship Assessor to join our team and help us achieve our vision.
We have a great opportunity for an Apprenticeship Assessor to join us during a period of rapid growth. Our Apprenticeship Assessor’s primary role is to build and manage a full case load of learners, visit learners in the workplace to assess and supervise their performance, and deliver and manage SCL’s expanding Apprenticeship programme, including qualifications such as PE in School Sport, Customer ServicePlay work, Activity Leadership and Functional skills.
You will work as part of a regional team building and developing relationships with Employers and developing and delivering SCL’s Apprenticeship Programme learning opportunities to optimise learning and achievement for Apprentices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DAY TO DAY DUTIES
- Build, maintain and effectively manage a caseload of learners
- Use EPortfolio’s to demonstrate development and/or evidence learning outcomes
- Visit learners at a wide variety of locations, in the workplace and assess them in their qualifications
- Manage Apprentice enrolment and induction, including an initial assessment of the workplace
- Regularly review learning opportunities and identify improvements, where possible
- Assist Apprentices in the collection, presentation and recording of ‘evidence’ of skills and knowledge
- Generate and manage Apprenticeship records, such as assessments, test results, data and statistics
- Set KPIs to measure the effectiveness of Apprentices throughout the Apprenticeship. campaigns
- Liaise and work with appropriate awarding bodies to ensure internal and external verification procedures meet guidelines
- To support, contribute and manage the implementation and promotion of Equality and Diversity
- Ensure Safeguarding policy and practices are adhered to at all times
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous experience in assessing
- D32, D33, D36, A1/2, TAQA Qualification(s) or equivalent
- Health & safety in the workplace knowledge
- Functional skills qualification(s) at GCSE or other level 2 equivalent
- Good IT, numeracy and communication skills (oral and written)
- Previous experience of delivering NVQ training
- Good knowledge of equal opportunities considerations both in an Educational, and workplace setting
- Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance processes
- Clean licence, own car and able to travel to a wide range of locations on a regular basis
ARE YOU AN SCL PERSON?
- You are enthusiastic
- You will always go the extra mile
- You have a “make it happen” attitude
- You deliver on your promises
- You are a positive role model
- You always place the customer at the heart of everything you do
- You realise by working as team we are stronger together
- You have the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
WHAT SCL OFFERS?
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
- Childcare vouchers - Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers