Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to be part of an exceptional team working for a unique and inspiring purpose? Do you want to help create a legacy in the communities that we work in?
Working for a highly entrepreneurial business, where the two Founders have a very clear ambition and vision to “Positively impact the future prospects of one million children and young people”. SCL Education Group is one of the UK’s largest providers of education and skills training within the sports and leisure sector. Our delivery ranges from inspirational sports education and holiday clubs for school children, to providing further education to young people in our sporting academies and Foundation Degree courses for higher education students. We are an enthusiastic and motivated team who love coming to work knowing that we are helping to make a positive impact on children and young peoples’ lives.
We are now entering into the next exciting phase of our journey and are looking for an outstanding Administrative Assistant to join our Education and Training department and help us achieve our vision.
We have a great opportunity to join our expanding Education and Training Department as an Administrative Assistant. As the department has gone from strength to strength the team are looking for a confident and capable Administrative Assistant to support the management of day to day processes and procedures and to ensure administrative tasks are dealt with in an organised and timely manner. This person will sit at the heart of the department and will support the team to achieve its overall goal, to achieve the best outcome for SCL, its stakeholders and learners.
This successful candidate will be a self-starter that is positive and determined. They will need to be able to prioritise and multitask to ensure key stakeholders administrative requirements are prioritised and managed effectively, and that the department as a whole is supported with its administration to allow it to operate effectively and efficiently.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DAY TO DAY DUTIES
- The first point of contact for external stakeholders and for the department, responding to day to day queries and providing updates, statistics and reports as appropriate and as directed.
- Support the team to ensure quality and compliance is upheld at all times and that appropriate documents for staff and learners are obtained, saved and recorded and that outstanding evidence/document is obtained.
- Work closely with and take direction from the Operations Director and senior management team to ensure they are supported with administrative tasks e.g. organising and maintaining diaries; minute taking and supporting them to ensure they/the department has the resources required
- Day to day administrative tasks as per the requirements of the department e.g. data management and filing; responding to phone calls, enquiries and requests, meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority,
DO YOU HAVE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Proven administrative experience
- Ability to multi task and prioritise
- Able to build and strengthen relationships internally and externally
- Strong communication and self-motivation skills
- Excellent IT Skills
- GCSEs English and Maths (C or above or key skills equivalent)
- Satisfactory DBS check
ARE YOU AN SCL PERSON?
- You are enthusiastic
- You have an eye for detail
- You will always go the extra mile
- You have a “make it happen” attitude
- You deliver on your promises
- You are a positive role model
- You always place the customer at the heart of everything you do
- You realise by working as team we are stronger together
- You have the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
WHAT SCL OFFERS?
- Attractive benefits for you and your family - We offer Life Assurance, Income Protection and reimbursement for dental, optical and alternative health therapies to all of our staff
- An exciting and rewarding employee recognition scheme - We make sure excellence is recognised and give our stars a very special VIP experience at our annual awards
- Outstanding internal promotion prospects
- Investment and Training - We are dedicated to developing you to reach your potential
- Companywide Socials - A chance for the entire company to get together
- Excellent Staff discounts on SCL services - Opportunity to save on childcare costs at SCL provisions
- Childcare vouchers - Opportunity to make tax savings when purchasing childcare vouchers